5 Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make with Social Media
You’ve probably heard it a thousand times by now, and that’s the fact that social media is where your business needs to be if you want to grow and expand your reach. However, the majority of businesses that branch out into these sites and services end up committing all kinds of mistakes which hinder their progress and results. Learn from these 5 common mistakes with social media so that you can really put together a solid effort to help reach your own goals and objectives.
Common Mistakes That People Make with Social Media
1. Assuming Success: People sign up with a social media site and assume that they are going to see success, with thousands and thousands of followers anxiously awaiting their every move. That’s not how it works at all, and you really need to invest some good old fashioned hard work and effort in order to produce results. Never assume anything, and don’t think you’re guaranteed to be successful.
2. Being an Advertisement: Another one of the most common social media mistakes is using one of these services as a platform for an advertisement or press release. That’s not what these sites are all about, and individuals will steer clear from you because of it. It’s not a place to advertise directly as much as it is a place to expand your presence, promote indirectly, and interact.
3. No Game Plan: Many businesses fail to develop a game plan when they use social media. The entire plan is “join up with Facebook and Twitter!” and then a whole lot of guesswork or wasted time. If you don’t have a plan, you won’t know how to focus your energy or spend your time, and you won’t know what you’re really supposed to be doing. Every business on social media needs a plan with clear goals.
4. No Tracking or Adjusting: Taking the plan one step further, you actually need to track your results and adjust the way you’re working depending on whether or not you’re being successful, and in which ways. You will never know if you’re achieving your goals if you don’t track the results directly, and you’ll never improve if you don’t use that information to your benefit to make the necessary adjustments.
5. Following the Crowd: Finally, a very common mistake with social media is simply following the crowd. “My competitor is on Facebook, so I will be too!” is a sentence many business owners have uttered. While it’s good to outdo your competition, simply following them or anybody else around doesn’t do you any good. You want to be unique, valuable and worthwhile, and you want to only spend your time where it’s paying off for you.
Learning from the Mistakes of Others on Social Media
We can never make ourselves be perfect, no matter how hard we try, and in all aspects of life mistakes are simply bound to happen. However, you can certainly learn from the mistakes of others on social media so that you aren’t doomed to repeat them for yourself. Even more importantly, learn from your own mistakes, so that you don’t continually commit the same errors.
At P1P we love helping other business owners create success…
And we love to do social media for others…
After 20+ years of business nothing gives us more satisfaction that seeing another business owner like you succeed. To do that we know that you need help and the benefits of outsourcing with P1P can be the difference between failure and success.
For more information about our Social Media Packages and how P1P can really help your business, book a FREE 30 minute consultation right now and let’s get those tough questions you have answered…