89 Ways A Virtual Assistant Can Support Your Business
Every business owner knows that time is money in a business. Every business owner says they would like to outsource those items in their business they don’t want to do but most business owner owners don’t know where to start.
Instead of having those ongoing weekly and monthly costs chipping away at your bottom line, why not outsource these and free up your time and money for other parts of your business.
Here’s a list of 89 ways a virtual assistant can help support your business to trim time and save money.
- Late Payment Follows Up – we are not a collection agency but we assist by contacting your debtors on your behalf. It’s amazing how a simple call from someone other than you can often trigger payment and keep the relationship intact.
- To-do List – we’ll take care of all those little things you need to get through each day like restaurant bookings, gift buying, organizing meetings, follow up on outstanding orders…
- File back-up – let us back up all your files or computer/s and keep a copy safe on your preferred cloud based server (Dropbox, GoogleDocs).
- Filing – simply send us those loose documents lying around your office and we’ll sort them into nominated categories, and return them with a master list all ready to slip into your filing cabinet.
- Typing and Transcription – lectures, medico/legal recordings, building reports, business meetings, teleconferences and interviews,
- Bill Paying – you can count on our confidentiality and discretion to perform regular online bill payments on your behalf. Simply have your invoices sent to our PO Box and we’ll make sure you’re never late for a payment again. You’ll also get a payment report summary for your records.
- Notes on the Run – email us digital voice recordings of the brainwaves you have when jogging, driving, or falling asleep and we will email back a typed and formatted version of your notes for future reference.
- Point of Contact – whether you’re heading out of town for a couple of days or a couple of months, we can be your point of contact, taking all your calls, screening emails, scheduling teleconferences.
- Mail Centre – re-direct your mail to our PO Box and we’ll screen, process and sort it for you. We’ll notify you of important documents requiring action then scan and email them to you.
- Digital Files – send us digital recordings of iPhone memos’ and podcasts for transcriptions.
- Topic Research – provide a list of hot article topics for your blogs and eNewsletters by researching online articles and forums related to your industry.
- Internet Research – if you need research on competitors, products, services, a new phone plan or computer we can do all the leg work and send you back a detailed report of our findings.
- Word Processing – typing, formatting and design of reports, proposals, tenders, assignments, thesis, articles, job memos and tables.
- Schedule Management – confirm existing calendar appointments ahead of schedule via SMS, email or phone.
- Baby-sit Your Business – manage your emails, phone calls, mail and scheduling when unexpected situations dictate that you must be away from your business for a short time, or you want a just want a short break.
- Data Collection – collect, collate and summarize data obtained from reports and surveys conducted.
- PDF Conversion – convert word, excel, publisher and various other documents to PDF.
- Sounding Board – running short of someone to bounce your business ideas off? We will listen to all those ideas you have running round your head and help you get some direction.
- Virtual Business Partner – Do you have a brilliant business idea but are too bogged down with current commitments to get things started? Call your VA to get the ball rolling.
- Templates – design and standardize your business stationary so you don’t have to recreate it each time you need to prepare a document.
- Trade Support – manage your quotations, ordering bookings and inquiries while you focus on the job.
- Proof Reading – we can cast a second set of eyes over your typed documents prior to sending or publishing; picking up on grammatical, contextual and spelling errors.
- Email Management – we can screen your emails, answer the most common information requests and forward you any requiring further action.
- Product Instructions – if you’re product requires instructions we’ll work with you to develop a clear and concise product instruction page or manual.
- Checklists – design and format checklists for in-house, external, or online use by trades and small business; quality control, packing and distribution, maintenance.
- Skype-In Number – Organize setup for you and advise on the best Skype handsets to use with your chosen computer.
- Desktop Publishing – documents, templates, brochures, certificates, cards, invitations, signs, flyers, menus, form creation.
- Quick Shortcuts – provide you with a list of time saving keyboard shortcuts for Mac and PC that you’ll wonder how you ever lived without.
- Regular Reports – allow us to collect, collate and format you’re teams regular reports and return them ready for review and presentation. No more confusion with missing or lost documents and files.
- Excel Spreadsheets – design, format and maintain your spreadsheets; we’ll create high quality presentation documents with graphs and charts.
- PowerPoint Presentations – create sensational presentations for your next reunion, seminar, board meeting, sales meeting, network meeting, wedding, anniversary, birthday or engagement.
- Arrange Printing – of your business cards, stationary, signage, marketing material, invitations or menus.
- Testimonials – we’ll contact your happy clients get glowing reviews that will help promote your business.
- Welcome Packs – put together welcome packs and thank you packs thanks to ‘1st’ class client packs.
- Remote Access – access your computer no matter where you are in the world to finish off tasks or provide remote training.
- Computer Support – our VA’s can walk you through any computer problems you are having and help you with software and computer training via Skype, phone or email.
Virtual Personal Assistance
- Travel & Accommodation – research and book airfares, car hire and accommodation for your next business or personal getaway.
- Sending Flowers – to friends and loved ones on birthdays, anniversaries and the arrival of new family members.
- Send Out Cards – birthday, Easter, Christmas, anniversary cards to friends, family and clients letting them know how important they are to you and your business.
- Gift Buying – if you’re running short on time to purchase those employee/client appreciation gifts or certificates, just give us a couple of ideas and we’ll do the rest.
- Mail Merge – our VA’s will perform a mail merge, send invitations to your nominated database and track attendees on a spreadsheet or via your CRM.
- RSVPS Contact – be a point of contact on a email address or phone line for RSVP’s, sending you weekly and final attendance reports.
- Name Tags – design name tags and place cards and arrange for printing and delivery to your chosen function centre.
- Phone Answering – take those important calls and screen unwanted ones when you’re too busy to attend to them yourself.
- Call Transfer – we always make sure someone answers (no blind transfers) and will transfer to 20+ team members.
- Appointment Scheduling – manage your online calendar and take care of your online bookings and appointment scheduling 24*7.
- Holiday Reception – manage your calls while you take a holiday, emailing all messages to you and transferring important ones.
- Receive Faxes – on your behalf and forward them via email.
- SMS Messages – send your urgent messages via SMS if you’re away from your computer or have no internet connection.
- Import Lists – to MailChimp, Constant Contact or your CRM so you can send out email newsletters and marketing campaigns.
- Mail Merge – send hundreds of letters, invitations or newsletters to your database including supply and print of labels and envelopes, plus posting. Postage included upon request.
- Data Entry – enter details from that collection of business cards into your database or CRM.
- Follow up Letters – send letters/emails to those contacts you’ve recently met at a seminars and networking events.
- Data Clean Up – confirm details of those on your list, collect additional primary information like email address, phone number and postal address, furnishing you with a complete database.
- International – if you’re preparing an overseas mail-out we can contact a VA in that country to work with you. That way you’re only paying for domestic postage.
- CRM Setup – so you can manage your sales from lead to potential, sale and invoice and manage your email, calendar and marketing campaigns.
- Email Newsletter – design, write and send your email newsletter via mail merge or using a 3rd party application like MailChimp, Constant Contact or your companies CRM.
- MailChimp & Constant Contact – setup accounts and newsletter templates in preparation for future email marketing campaigns.
- Ongoing Support – weekly, monthly or quarterly support to produce and distribute your eNewsletter.
- Email Newsletters – source articles collate, type, and format your regular e- Newsletter or proof your copy for errors before you send it out.
- Campaign Management – manage subscribers, campaign distribution and reporting.
- Social Media – setup, training and management of your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or G+ accounts.
- Customised Design Cover – design a Facebook Timeline Cover and a Twitter background to maintain consistency in your online branding.
- Website Updates – update existing and add new content, add pages, articles, blogs, social media feeds and general site maintenance.
- Site Redevelopment – overhaul your current website, giving it an entirely fresh feel, usability and adding functionality.
- Facebook Ads – design a landing page, setup and manage your Facebook ads and promoted posts.
- AutoResponders – setup autoresponders to improve efficiency and automate your online downloads.
- Blog Writing – write sizzling copy for your regular blog, send to you for approval and distribute via your website and social media.
- Keyword Research – find the words that your target clients are typing into the search engines and provide you with a comprehensive report.
- Article Submission – submit your written articles to chosen websites to increase your companies’ online visibility.
- Add Events – to your Facebook business page and LinkedIn profile and share them with nominates groups.
- Re-vamp Branding – breathe new life into your branding by redesigning your logo, company stationary, business cards and more.
- Business Promotion – help you promote your business, seminars, workshop and events both online and offline.
- SEO Copywriting – craft clever and attention grabbing online copy that encourages your target clients to take action.
- eBook Covers – design professional eBook covers for your next online best seller.
- eBook Writing – develop an amazing eBook designed to get more opt-ins and downloads at your website or social media profiles.
- Customise Blog – liven up your WordPress blog with a consistent professionally designed theme.
- Install Widgets – to your website providing you software and functionality like calendars, custom menu, text, clock, contact form or video.
- eBay Shop – setup and manage your eBay shop including inventory and sales.
- WordPress Training – so you can update and manage your own website without having to rely on a web designer.
- Website Hosting – flexible hosting options that include unlimited domains.
Online Business Support Services:
- 24×7 Live Chat Support -Both Technical and Non Technical
- 24×7 Email / HelpDesk Support – both Technical and Non Technical
- 24×7 Website monitoring – in real time to avoid site down and sales loss issues.
- E commerce Data entry – from product catalogs to any E commerce platform (Product uploading / listing)
- Order processing and shipping– handle all the back end work for your product business from processing the order, shipping etc
- Web research – when you need to find out information have someone else do all the grunt work for you with your research.
- Online data capture services – Data capture and document imaging usually refer to acquiring data from physical sources such as paper documents, forms, receipts, microfilms and photographs, and converting them to an electronic format. This is also known as electronic data capture (EDC).
- Data mining and cleansing – is the process of amending or removing data in a database that is incorrect, incomplete, improperly formatted, or duplicated.
There are many flexible arrangements available we can offer you including;
Pay As You Go – outsource as you need it
Blocks of time – eg 10hr, 20hr blocks
Part time – certain amount of hours per week
Full time – Outsourced staff member dedicated to your business